Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
No previous farming experience required to continue operations. Hops have a 25-year-life cycle and produce over 1,500lbs of saleable product per acre. Hops is used during the beer brewing process and has seen steady gains in market value prices as the popularity of craft beer continues to increase year after year. This business has been featured in:- The Huffington Post- The Georgia Straight- USA Today- The Province- Farm West (and more)
The hops farming community works together. This is largely due to the deficit of quality hops in both the international and local markets. Currently, there is over a 13 million pound shortage of hops globally each year.
Farming Setup Cost:
Setting up the field consists of:- Polls In The Ground- Rope Lines To Guide The Hops- Adequate soil PH levels- Proper drainage & water / rain fall
- Fresh water irrigation. After the initial setup, maintaining the setup is a low comparative cost, and can be explained in more detail if you're interested. The life span of a hops plant is approximately 25 years.
Existing Sales & Customers
You might recognize names such as: Dead Frog, Central City, Old Yale, Red Tree, Mission Springs as well as over 60 other breweries. Sales are done well in advance prior to the annual harvest. More details will be provided on this.
Why Are We Selling
It is the vision of the founders, to create a craft brewery, this requires a cash injection. We don't intend to get out of the hops farming business all together. We are also open to working with the potential purchaser during the transition or in a joint effort. Long term vision also in place.
Immigration To Canada
We have a short list of legal representatives that can assist with immigration to Canada. This business is an agricultural business, and ideal for those looking to move their family to the country.
1. Write me a detailed message with all the questions you can think of at this time, and a short background.
2. I'll answer as many questions as possible, with an attached NDA. Please sign and authorize that you will not disclose any corporate information shared.
3. Supporting Documents Include:
- Market Feasibility Study(s)
- Address and Satellite image of the farm location
- Comprehensive Business plan etc.
4. After you've reviewed everything, the next step would be to have a scheduled call. I can provide some open times during the week. You're also encouraged to view the farm in person.
5. Open to a portion of the 170,000 asking price taken as vendor financing. Minimum of $50,000 required. Please have capital in place.
- Thank you very much for your interest in the Hops Farm. Further information available upon request, please contact seller below for further details.
Real Property Included
Storage, Office & Green House accommodations on site.
125 Acreage with 90% farming capable
Our current lease has an additional 300 expandable acreage.
With 13 million annual pound shortage on an international level, all hop farms within BC work together.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business